For you, this may be the most joyous and fun nine days of the year. Give God the glory for your blessings. But for many, these days are a struggle.
I’m talking about Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day.
For many of us these are the nine longest days of the year. For those:
- from dysfunctional families where the holidays were painful times of chaos
- whose marriages have crumbled and the holidays have not been full of joy
- who are approaching their first holiday season as a non-drinker, a non-smoker, or without whatever drug they were addicted to in past years
- working on their freedom from sexual addiction facing their family of origin who may be the source of much pain that they have been medicating with sex or drugs
- whose spouse died this year and are facing their first Christmas season alone
- divorced and facing their first Christmas alone…
View original post 584 more words