Schools out! With summer comes lots of unscheduled time for children. With many parents busy working, there will be occasions when school-age children are on their own or with peers. No parent wants to imagine that their child is looking at pornography, but it does happen. Some researchers say the average age of exposure to…Read more Warning: Teenage Danger Zone
My choir director, Brian, had an interesting way of approaching a new song. We did not start at the obvious place, like the beginning. “Go to number 5 on page 8,” Brian would say. We’d work on a difficult section of the song at number 5 until we had that down. “Turn to page 12…Read more Benefits of a Good Leader
For you, this may be the most joyous and fun nine days of the year. Give God the glory for your blessings. But for many, these days are a struggle.
I’m talking about Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day.
For many of us these are the nine longest days of the year. For those:
- from dysfunctional families where the holidays were painful times of chaos
- whose marriages have crumbled and the holidays have not been full of joy
- who are approaching their first holiday season as a non-drinker, a non-smoker, or without whatever drug they were addicted to in past years
- working on their freedom from sexual addiction facing their family of origin who may be the source of much pain that they have been medicating with sex or drugs
- whose spouse died this year and are facing their first Christmas season alone
- divorced and facing their first Christmas alone…
View original post 584 more words
My new book was released December 1st! "Live Pure and Free" is a 90 day devotional for men on the journey to their sexual purity. "Live Pure and Free" is available for ordering on Amazon and wherever books are sold. Many wonderful endorsements are arriving. Here is the latest one from Dr. Rob Rienow. “I…Read more “Live Pure and Free- The 90 Day Game Changer”
When my grandson was five years old he did something that reminded me of our relationship to our heavenly Father. He used a piece of scrap paper to draw a crayon stick figure picture of my wife and me, with him in the center with hearts by each of our pictures. He wrote, “I love…Read more Old McDonald’s and the Heavenly Father
The Jet Ski* is like a motorcycle. You sit right on top of a big engine. It is meant for one thing-to speed across the water. It is not really a seaworthy vessel. Don’t believe me? Try stopping out in the middle of a lake with some big waves as the water laps into the…Read more Just One Small Rock